05 November 2011

Best Toku Talk: DAN'S (TOKU) RANTS!

So....one day I was just browsing the web randomly and I came across a podcast.....It was a tokusatsu podcast on this website called Podomatic. I was interested in hearing this. An american who was taking about Japanese tokusatsu. I wanted to hear his opinion. I listened and fell in love with the podcast almost instantly. That was really early on this year when he was just barely starting out. As the show matured and more and more guests started appearing; Shamus Kelley, Anthony Vega, Nick Cochran, Gemma Lascio, and others...I just started liking it more and more. My love for this podcast has skyrocketed over the months and I enjoyed every minute of it. 

There is so much to look forward to: Dan's hatred of AkaRed, love of Dairanger, Kamen Rider Decade, and Season 2 of Mighty Morphin Power Rangers, everyone trying to argue their points with Dan on why he is wrong about everything, Going off on random tangents that have nothing at all to do with the topic of that podcast, The (really) intense talks (and arguments) they pretty much get into on every episode. There is just so much to love about it!

They go over a multitude of tokusatsu (and occasionally non-tokusatsu topics) like Power Rangers, Super Sentai, Kamen Rider, Ultraman and so much more! Very "informative" and very enjoyable.

They have encountered some troubles along the way (coughpodomaticcough), but that did not stop the show from going on. When podomatic was being a pain, Dan started posting episodes on 4shared.com and I followed along for the ride (even with the occasional fan letter), nothing was going to stop me from missing my "Daily Dose of Dan" as I call it. ^_^
Then recently the podcast was picked to be on Rajio Nihon and I have to congratulate them for that. They were moving on up! And now after only having a Facebook page, Dan's (Toku) Rants was given their own site via Rangercentral and now they have a permanent home! Which I again am so happy for Dan and everyone on DTR.

They also recently celebrated their 100th and 101st Podcast! SO HERE'S TO A HAPPY 100 DTR!!!!!!!

I laugh so much and I enjoy listening to this show so much I just had to share my love for it here on my blog. I want anyone reading this post to check out Dan's (Toku) Rants online. The podcast always makes my day and I hope it makes yours. You do not know what you are missing out on! GO TO THEIR WEBSITE RIGHT NOW AND LISTEN!!!!! (links below). hehehe.
remember the name!
D....A....N....apostrophe....S....space....parenthesis....T...O....K...U...close parenthesis....space...R...A...N...T...S



So I will end this post in the words of Dan Pearce [Host of Dan's (Toku) Rants on Seriously Orange Radio. hehehe]. "There is so much more to come folks so stay tuned and keep...on...listenin'."

 
Its currently the "Fall of Forever" on Dan's (Toku) Rants.

No comments:

Post a Comment